In Maharashtra, nearly 540 engineering colleges offer B. Tech programmes in full-time, part-time, distance-learning, and online formats. NIRF has ranked 33 of these institutes as top engineering colleges in Maharashtra. Maharashtra is home to prestigious engineering institutes such as IIT Bombay, ICT Mumbai, and Symbiosis Pune, among others. The MHT CET exam is used to determine admission to engineering colleges in Maharashtra.
Mumbai and Pune are the two largest cities in Maharashtra and are known as “learning centers.” Aside from Mumbai and Pune, there are numerous other cities with educational opportunities, including Nagpur, Aurangabad, Nashik, and Kolhapur. Students pursue B. Tech in cities that have popular engineering institutes and are the destination for corporate hubs or a variety of other industries such as finance, media.
Top 10 Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra
|Sr No||Engineering Colleges||Location|
|1||ICT Mumbai – Institute of Chemical Technology||Mumbai|
|2||COEP Pune – College of Engineering||Pune|
|3||VJTI Mumbai – Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute||Mumbai|
|4||BVUCOE Pune – Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University College of Engineering||Pune|
|5||RCOEM Nagpur – Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management||Nagpur|
|6||VIT Pune – Vishwakarma Institute of Technology||Pune|
|7||GHRCE Nagpur – GH Raisoni College of Engineering||Nagpur|
|8||SPIT Mumbai – Sardar Patel Institute of Technology||Mumbai|
|9||YCCE Nagpur – Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering||Nagpur|
|10||DYPIET Pimpri – Dr DY Patil Institute of Technology||Pune|
Entrance Exams to be given by Students of Maharashtra to apply for above Engineering Colleges.
ENGINEERING COLLEGES IN MAHARASHTRA
- Exam Syllabus - 20% of 11th + 80% of 12th State Board
- Mode - offline
- Subjects - PCM
- Total Questions – 150 (50 for each subject)
- Total Marks – 200 (100 marks for each section)
- Duration - 3 Hrs.
- Marking Scheme – Physics & Chemistry - 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer. Mathematics - 2 marks will be awarded for every correct answer. No Negative Marking
- Minimum Eligibility: Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of 45% marks from a recognized board/university with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Website - http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.
|State Level Engineering Institutes||46||43,500 Approx|